Decentered Media GDPR Policy
At Decentered Media, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we handle your personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Data Controller
Decentered Media, based in Leicester, UK, is the data controller responsible for your personal data.
3. Personal Data We Collect
We may collect and process the following types of personal data:
– Identity Data: Includes name, username, or similar identifier.
– Contact Data: Includes email address and telephone numbers.
– Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
– Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
– Marketing and Communications Data: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, primarily:
– To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
5. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way.
6. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
7. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data, and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
8. Changes to This Policy